Saturday, August 6, 2011

your voice is the soundtrack to my summer

I know I've said this before. But, I'm a music junkie. I don't know what it is about a soulful voice, life shattering lyrics or a mix of beats that just makes me jump out of my skin and fall in love. Along with music, comes my pure obsession with emotionally raw words. Quotes, words of wisdom, confessions, whatever it may be, I can't eat it up fast enough. I am a sucker for love.
Lately I haven't been one for talking, just writing. I find myself listening to music and getting inspired to write something, anything, even just remotely as meaningful. I can't let on what I'm writing, as I am not even sure myself. What I do know? Below you will find a sample of what reached me on more levels then one, and I hope you will find the same desire in them as well. 
Enjoy. xx


So watch and learn
I won't show you twice
Head to toe, ooh baby, roll me right
But if I share my secret
You gonna have to keep it
Nobody else can see this

And it goes like this.

Take me by the tongue
And I'll know you
Kiss til you're drunk
And I'll show you

You want the moves like jagger

I don't even try to control you
Look into my eyes and I'll own you
                            -- Maroon 5 

Watch your face and laugh just a little bit,
Everybody knows that you're good at it,
But nothin' hurts like an answer phone
Drinkin' some, wakin' up alone.

Maybe if I try just a little more,
I can take myself from this dirty floor
and walk through buildings of elegance
Just like you are intelligent

I know my place, 
but it don't know me. 
                       -- Band of Skulls

Baby why you wanna cry?
You really oughta know that I
Just have to walk away sometimes.
We’re gonna do what lovers do
We’re gonna have a fight or two
But I ain’t ever changin’ my mind

Crazy girl, don’t you know that I love you?
And I wouldn’t dream of goin’ nowhere
Silly woman, come here, let me hold you
Have I told you lately?
I love you like crazy, girl

Wouldn’t miss a single day
I’d probably just fade away
Without you, I’d lose my mind.
Before you ever came along
I was livin’ life all wrong
Smartest thing I ever did was make you all mine
                                   -- Eli Young Band






No comments:

Post a Comment